At Zep Inc., we are committed to creating sustainable cleaning products and solutions, not only because it makes sound business sense, but because diligent environmental stewardship ensures a better quality of life for current and future generations. Our goal is to incorporate sustainability best practices into every facet of our business operations. We continuously develop processes, products and services that reduce waste and minimize negative environmental impact. At the same time, we are conducting research and refining innovative technologies and solutions that will positively impact the environment far into the future.
Our areas of focus on sustainability are guided by three directives:
- Listening to our customers. We feel it is our responsibility to help our customers fulfill their need for sustainable cleaning solutions.
- Meeting our own sustainability objectives. Our goal is to create and manufacture high efficacy products without negatively affecting the environment.
- Setting an example for others. As a public company that manufactures over 4,000 products, we have both an opportunity and an obligation to influence others.
Listen to CEO John Morgan discuss Zep’s commitment to sustainability:
Our sustainability initiatives are based on the following criteria:
- Reducing pollution, carbon emissions and encouraging environmental best practices;
- Minimizing depletion of the earth’s finite natural resources;
- Reducing the risks associated with chemical usage and disposal; and
- Enhancing the working environment and quality of life for our employees, our customers and the communities we serve.
At Our Company:
At every stage of production, we strive to reduce energy and water consumption, and to reduce other wastes in the manufacturing process. Zep is committed to increasing the percentage of recycled content for packaging and production. Within our operations, we continuously strive to adhere to full compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
Zep GreenLink: An Environmentally Friendly Cleaning Product Line:
The Zep GreenLink™ product line was developed to provide our customers with an environmentally friendly alternative to fulfill their cleaning needs. The line includes products certified by Green Seal®, EcoLogo, the EPA Design for the Environment (DfE) program and the Zep Environmentally Preferred Product certification. In addition to meeting both regulatory and customer standards, Zep Inc. has developed a stringent, seventeen-point internal certification, Zep Environmentally Preferred Products. All Zep GreenLink products meet this proprietary standard.
Not only is our Aspire™ product line of cleaners and polishes 98% VOC free, its packaging is both recycled and recyclable. Aspire™ packaging has recently received SCS certification for 50% total recovered content.
For Our Customers:
Throughout all of our sales channels, an extensive staff of chemists, engineers and Environmental Health & Safety regulatory specialists are dedicated to meeting the environmental and sustainability needs of our customers. Our expertise in providing insight, counsel and certification services to our customers is a defining characteristic of the Zep brand, and a unique competitive advantage.