Zep Inc., is a leading specialty chemical goods company selling a wide variety of high-performance products that help professionals and consumers clean, maintain and protect their assets. We sell our products directly and through our distribution partners into the transportation, food & beverage, industrial & institutional, and laundry industries. Our products are also available in the DIY and DIFM retail channels to professionals and consumers who want to do get the job done right the first time (prosumers).
Millions of prosumers and hundreds of thousands of businesses depend upon us every day while using our well recognized and established brand names, such as Zep®, Zep Commercial®, Zep Professional®, Enforcer®, National Chemical™, Selig™, Misty®, Next Dimension™, Petro®, i-Chem®, TimeMist®, TimeWick™, MicrobeMax®, Country Vet®, Konk®, Original Bike Spirits®, Blue Coral®, Black Magic®, Rain-X®, Niagara National™, FC Forward Chemicals®, Rexodan®, Mykal™, and a number of private labeled brands.
PROFESSIONAL SOLUTIONS DONE RIGHT
We strive to build something special that we’re proud of every day and to make the world a better place because Zep is in it. We are a great place to work and grow; a proven business partner and customer value creator; a strong contributor to the communities we serve; and a highly successful financial growth engine.
HISTORY & TIMELINE
- 1937 - Zep Manufacturing Co. (“Zep”) was founded by Mandle & Sam Zaban, William Eplan, and Saul Powell offering a comprehensive selection of top-quality industrial and janitorial cleaning products, delivered with superior customer service and unmatched technical support.
- 1962 - Zep was acquired by National Linen Service Inc. and later became a subsidiary of National Service Industries Inc. (“NSI”), a diversified industrial and service conglomerate.
- 1968 - Zep acquired Selig Chemical Industries, a move that helped to expand the company’s chemical portfolio. Selig had built its reputation as the “Solutions People,” providing tailored cleaning products and programs to the industrial and institutional markets.
- The next several decades ushered in an era of domestic and international expansion for Zep as the company grew organically and through acquisition.
- 1997 – Zep, as a part of NSI, acquired Enforcer Products, Inc., a maker of home and garden products such as insecticides, herbicides, plumbing and cleaning solutions. As a result of the Enforcer acquisition, Zep expanded its presence in the retail channel with the development of the Zep Commercial product line.
- 2001 – Zep, along with NSI’s lighting equipment business, were spun off from National Service Industries into a newly formed entity Acuity Brands, Inc.
- 2007 – Zep emerged as an independent, publicly traded company under the name Zep Inc.
- As an independent company once again, Zep invested in growing the business and acquired world-class brands such as Black Magic®, Blue Coral®, Country Vet®, De.Solv.It®, Enforcer®, Misty®, Mykal™, Niagara™, Original Bike Spirits™, Rexodan, Rain-X®, TimeMist®
- 2015 - Zep Inc. became a private company and now has significant financial and strategic resources to support future growth initiatives which include expansion in existing markets, development of new products, new market opportunities and acquisitions.